Sunday, July 10, 2011

A weekend with The Pitts', The Coleman's, and The Jones'

Brian and I had a great weekend! Friday night, Matt and Sarah Pitts, (Matt and B went to dental school together) who live in Wichita Falls, came to Dallas for a date weekend and asked us to dinner at Cafe on the Green at The Four Seasons. Matt's sister, Holly, and her boyfriend Barrett, who live in Argyle joined us so there were 6 of us total. I have been to Cafe on the Green before for lunch but not for dinner and oh.my.word! That is probably one of the nicest restaurants I've ever been to. It was lovely....we all got fabulous entrees, appetizers, soup, dessert, wine.... we definitely didn't hold back. It was great and so fun catching up with The Pitts. Thanks for inviting us, Matt and Sarah! We're going to their ranch for the weekend in a few weeks so we're looking forward to seeing them again as we don't get to hang out as much as we'd all like.

Brian played golf with Matt at The Four Seasons the next morning and I went and watched Ian play T-ball in N. Richland Hills. They didn't win either game but I was still proud of my nugget. He looks so grown up out there... I cannot believe he'll be 7 in September!!! Below is London and I cheering on her brother as he crosses home plate... go Ian! So proud of you, buddy!















They came back over to our house for some pool time and ended up spending the night with us, which was so fun. Heather came over too, for a little bit, to get some rays and catch up. Thx for stopping by HH! Great seeing you! Brian's co-worker and mentor at Baylor, Dr. Coleman, invited us over for dinner last night so we left my Sis, Justin, and the kids in our pool while we went and had dinner with The Coleman's. They made a delicious meal... Rao's (the famous NYC restaurant: http://www.raos.com/) pork chops and homemade gnocchi that were to die for!!!! They also had this baked tomato, basil, and mozarella dish that was excellent, then Pat's famous cantaloupe with prosciutto that I love, and homemade focaccia bread, specially prepared and baked by the one and only Dr. Coleman himself. His baked breads are unbelievably good! They asked us to bring a side green veggie so we brought prosciutto-wrapped asparagus that's served chilled. First time we've ever made that and it was pretty good. It's a good summer side dish when temps are in the 100+'s. I still think Gary and Pat went all out and way outdid themselves! They even had my favorite non-alcoholic beer--Beck's! You guys are the best! The 'tiramisu' and cognac were a perfect end to the evening... thank you both for a fun and much needed night with dear friends we don't see near enough. Our treat, in our home, next time! Let's plan on after the baby so I can partake in the cognac. :o) I didn't take any pics of this food and am kicking myself now. It really is quite sad how excited I get about food these days. Oh well... that will all change in September when Little red gets here so I might as well enjoy it now while I can. We stayed over at the Coleman's until around 10, then came home to everyone asleep except my sis so we sat up and visited until 2 am. I love having my sister around when she has the time. School has really kept her busy, and will continue to keep her busy for another year & 1/2 so I cherish every minute I get with her. So glad ya'll stayed Mel. I loved having you guys and love you dearly, sis. XOXOX






Hope everyone has a fabulous week...



Cheers, Lindley

1 comment:

  1. What a great weekend. I loved the spontaneity of it for sure! Sure had a great time catching up with HH and Mike Hale as well. The only thing that would have made it better is if Lindsay could have joined us as well!!

    ReplyDelete