Monday, August 29, 2011

Restaurant Week and The Help

Last Friday night, Brian's friend from Dental school, Matt Pitts, was in town and they wanted steak so we decided to go to Chamberlain's Steak and Chop House which is just around the corner from our house. Well, we completely forgot it was restaurant week until we got there and saw the overflowing parking! We never dreamed we would get in but after a brief 20 minute wait, we were seated and enjoying their famous homemade popover rolls! Yum!!!! We all 3 participated in the restaurant week special and I had the wedge for my salad, the feature appetizer for an additional $5 which was TX peaches wrapped in bacon stuffed with balsamic vinegar, basil, and Brie cheese (unbelievable!!!) then for my main course I got the pecan crusted pan fried pork chop with sweet potato grits, and bread pudding for dessert. Hello? I pretty much had to be ROLLED out of there! But hey-- I've got only one more month of non-dieting so why not, eh?? B had the wedge salad as well, same peach app, prime rib w/ mashed potatoes, and TX citrus pie for dessert. They got a bottle of Faust Cab from Napa that was TO DIE FOR!!!! Some of the best cab I've ever had! Everything was excellent and we ate for pretty cheap!

Last night Brian, Kayla, Craig, and I went and ate at Chuy's then saw The Help and I cannot even begin to try & do this motion picture justice by blogging about how good it was because I can't. I simply can't. One of the best movies I've ever seen. Hands down. What really hit home with B and I was that it was so culturally sound and knowing it really was like that back then is just so crazy to us. Go see it!!!!!!

Cheers,
Lindley

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment