Monday, October 24, 2011

Fun-filled weekend with friends and fantastic food!!

Its so sad how geeked up food makes me, but hey: thats neither here nor there, right? Haha

So, Friday night we had our friends Joe and Heather over for dinner and I almost cried when I finished off the leftovers from our meal yesterday afternoon! Brian made his ridiculous chicken bow tie chicken pasta with homemade cream sauce, mushrooms, asparagus, shallots (I don't even know what a shallot is!!?!? ;)) fresh parsley, pancetta, and tomatoes. I'm telling u: I would pay $50 a plate for this piece of heaven on a plate in a restaurant it's that good! And yes he's my husband and yes I think he's great but you poll anyone on the street after trying this and it will receive glowing reviews from everyone. Hands.down. He is so talented and just 'knows' how to cook, pair things together, add what ingredient when and how much of it, etc etc. I wish for his talent because I am NOT a cook and am quickly realizing either you have 'it' or u dont and I just dont. ;). Hence the reason I did the salad. Ha! And, not only did he outdo himself with the entree, he also made creme brûlée! To.Die.For! Thanks for a fun night Heather and Joe and thanks for the fabulous meal, baby. Maybe one day you'll get that restaurant you've been wanting. Oh, and Heather: the cake balls were dee-LISH!!! Some of the best I've ever had. And thanks for the wine. So fun seeing y'all!! I am sad we didnt take any photos though. :(. Next time!!

Then, Saturday night, we had our friends Jonathon and Trisha over for dinner. They were in town from Austin seeing family and friends and stopped by to see us and Cameron. Brian, once again, outdid himself!! Blue cheese burgers from Whole Foods and homemade French fries!!!! OH MY GOSH! Even Trisha ate them and the girl doesn't eat fried food!!! So good!

You're a natural Trisha!!!! I can't wait for you to be a mommy!!!






We beat the hell out of OU in Norman!!!!!!! That is HUGE!!!!!!! Wreck 'em Tech!!!





Thanks for coming to see us Kimes Krew! We had a blast! We will visit y'all next!!!






Then, Sunday morning, a big group of us girls went to bunch. One of my dear friends, Mandie, was In town with her boyfriend (who I just KNEW was going to propose but didn't!! Thanks for letting me down, Christopher!!! ;)) and another couple for the Cowboys game and her 30th birthday, and since she knows so many people in Dallas, she coordinated a get together at Villa O in Uptown for all of to see each other. It's an all organic restaurant, and although I'm not a big Organic fan, this place was fantastic! I had the eggs Benedict and instead of regular hollandaise sauce it was tomato basil hollandaise and really good! Great seeing u sweet friend and happy birthday!!!



Cheers,
Lindley

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment