Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A tough post....

It is with a very heavy heart that I write this post today. Back when I found out I was pregnant (Jan 2011) I emailed our homeowners association asking if anyone knew of recommended in-home daycares in the area as that was my top choice for Cameron once I went back to work. Two were recommended, one of which I interviewed but wasn’t what we were looking for and the other one was EXACTLY what we were looking for! Miss Debi. However, Miss Debi came with a waiting list. Did I mention, a LONG waiting list??!? The good ones always do, right? But, I still put my name down and told her to just keep me posted should a spot come open. Well, low and behold, a spot came open and Cam is able to start immediately. When we hired Juli, we agreed on a 2 week notice so I will compensate her through the end of the month, plus that will help her find a new job, but this is all still very bitter sweet for us. She has been there for Cam on many firsts, taught her lots of great things, shown her wonderful places, involved her in many a play group(s)…the list is endless. If we could keep Juli we would, but this in-home daycare just makes more financial sense for us, plus, I really want Cameron around more kids now that she’s older and has a stronger immune system. Juli has been the world to us and such an incredible caretaker for Cameron. We are going to miss her greatly. Thank you for everything Julianna Holden. The Herrings love you!

I dropped Cam off at Miss Debi's this morning and I just had that feeling we made the right decision. Something about Debi's demeanor, that loving look in her eye, the smell of her home, the fact that Cam gave her a kiss and not me, her 25 year history in the same house keeping children for all these years.... It just felt right. We will miss Juli but God simply placed his hand on my shoulder this morning and allowed me a sigh of relief that this is where Cameron needs to be. We love you already Debi!





Cheers,
Lindley


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment