Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Catch up

I haven't blogged in a while.... Time is just flying by! Thanksgiving is tomorrow!!! My gosh where does the time go?!?

A week or so ago Cam had a follow up ENT appt and all looks great with her ears thank goodness!!!!




After that appt we went to Lindsay Hales for a glass of wine and we hadn't been there 2 minutes and Cam falls into their coffee table! Scared Linds and I to death as it was bleeding but she was fine. We put ice on it and gave her some Tylenol and all was good! Luckily she has two boys who fell for a living too once they started walking so she was able to talk me off the ledge and assure me all was going to be ok. Ha! Below are pics of when it happened, the following morning, and a week later. It's almost fully healed.






















The next night I had a 'Premier' Jewelry party and we had a blast! 8 of my friends came and I could kick myself for not taking pics!!! My friend, Kathy, who I haven't seen in ages came and it was so fun catching up with her. Thanks for coming girls!!!

Friday night, our friends Mike and Lindsay Hale stayed the night in the Adolphus Hotel downtown to celebrate their 9 year anniversary and we kept their boys for them over night. We had so much fun and those boys are so precious and have the best manners ever!!! Our neighborhood had a monthly Happy Hour at the Kessler's beautiful home and we took the boys and Cam to that. Sully and Brooks have a lot of friends that go to that so they had a blast! B took Cam home around 7:30 and I stayed until 8:45 with the boys so they could play. At one point in the night, Kim the hostess, asked Sully, the 6 year old, if he wanted any BBQ sauce for his chicken nuggets, and I kid you not, he said, "oh, Kim. You're so sweet. I would love some. Thank you very much." I mean, hello?!!!? Could u ask for a more polite and thankful child? I don't think so! Too cute! ;) We went home, they brushed their teeth, I read them a book, and never heard another peep out of them until the next morning. Such sweet boys! Happy 9 Years Mike and Lindsay. We'll keep your boys anytime!!!!

Here they are all playing in the garage.



Saturday night, Deb Deb kept Cam for us while we went out to Fairview to have dinner with my Uncle Bill and Aunt Chloe, and had a really nice time. They've redone their patio and it was so fun getting to see them and their lovely home. They have the coolest upside down tree that I want bad but she got it in Denver, and while they have them for sale here, they're very hard to find and pretty pricey so we might make our own one day. They are PERFECT for kids as u can tell from the below pic. Cool huh???

Thanks for a fun night, y'all, and the delicious dinner at your beautiful country club.




Sunday, Grammy came to town to stay with us for a few days. She was in Aledo first seeing my sis and her Fam, then came to see us. She also had a dental appt with 'yours truly.' ;).




I got Nixie a new collar and she thinks she's so special with her pink accessory. ;)

Cam is wondering why her sister has a bow and she doesn't! It's because she pulls them out!



Miss priss!



Tomorrow we were invited to have Thanksgiving lunch with Brian's cousins, Aunt, and Uncle. What a blessing to not only have Lora and Labry live close, but to also be included in their special day of thanks. We are looking forward to it!!!! Then, on Friday, Mamy and Slick are coming to visit for the weekend and Cam couldn't be more thrilled! She's been working on how to say their names for a while and we were lucky enough to catch it on video. Melt.My.Heart. Amy and Fred: truly, from the bottom of our hearts, we thank y'all for coming to see us in Dallas this year. Having to not travel with Cam
on back to back holidays will be so nice. Thank you, thank you.


YouTube Video


Happy thanksgiving from The Herrings!!!

Cheers and Love,
Lindley


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment