Monday, June 10, 2013

Happy Hour, Running to Rescue, & Mamy & Slick

Friday night I met some LBB girls for HH and had a blast!!!!!! No pics but lots of visiting and catching up. Thanks for the invite BB!!!

Saturday morning Cam and I ran the R2R 5K race for her school's team and I am way out of shape! Whew!!! I ran it but I was hurtin'!!! Plus, pushing a big 'ole stroller with 30+ lbs of precious cargo didn't make things easier, but we did it! Doesn't Cam look thrilled?!?! ;). She did very well and loved it, actually. Not sure why the sad face.



Then Mamy and Slick were here on Sunday to keep Cam while we attended the very sad, sad funeral of Brian's dental assistant's son. He was 24 and killed himself. So very tragic! I've had a very VERY heavy heart about this and haven't blogged bc it's just so devastating!!! I can only imagine. Apparently, he was a lost little soul and is probably better off with Our Father but still! As the preacher said to Julie during the service: "parents aren't supposed to bury children. Children are supposed to bury parents." And he's so right. Again.... I can only imagine.....

Seeing Mamy and Slick was fun though bc they helped lighten the mood. It's Slick's birthday today and Mamy's is tomorrow so Cam gave them their gifts. ;)








She loves her backyard and will play back there for hours! Her newest fascination is crushed ice. See that Tupperware bowl there? Just give that girl some crushed ice and she's set for a while! She gives us, Nixie, the birds, and the grass some too! Fun for everyone!!! ;)







Hope everyone has a great week! Please keep Julie in your prayers as she grieves for her son....

Cheers,
Lindley

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment