Friday, October 4, 2013

2nd time's the charm???

We're sure gonna hope so! Last October, Cam had tubes put in her ears and they failed miserably!! She went quite a while without problems but over the last 8 months she's had infection after infection so our ENT here in LBB felt like another set was necessary as well as the removal of her adenoids. We had the surgery last Wednesday and overall, she did beautifully, but seeing her absolutely hysterical in recovery after coming out of anesthesia is enough to FRY you as a mommy! She was uncontrollable! It.Was.Awful!!!!!!! Can't even describe it in words. Mom was there to help me thank goodness as B had to go to work and lets just say mom and I were sweating and exhausted after she finally calmed down. Poor thing. They had to completely put her under, intubation and all, since they removed her adenoids and she HATED that IV!! Once the nurse removed it she calmed down, and we were politely assured several times this was completely normal behavior for kids this age who come out of surgery and have an IV. So, that made me feel better! I have precious photos BEFORE all this went down and none immediately AFTER! ;) I need some versed to wipe that from my memory. Once again, I could have NEVER done this without my amazing mommy! Thanks mom, you are The Best!!!! Cameron thanks you too!!!
Waiting to be called back.




Watching cartoons waiting for doc to come in




They gave her this little stuffed moose and she loves it!!




AFTER surgery, AFTER all the madness when she finally gave in and fell asleep. Broke my heart seeing her like that. And, what was even worse is that she had NO clue what was happening. No one was home. When you looked her in the eyes, flailing and screaming something awful, it was like there was no one there. She was out of it completely :(.




I'm so happy to have my girl back!!! I love you more than you know, Cameron Elizabeth.......




Cheers,
Lindley
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment