Tuesday, September 9, 2014

El Paso!!!

Lindsay, my sister, and I headed to El Paso last Friday to see our friend Tami and her family. None of us had seen their new house OR met baby Frankie (he's three weeks older than Tess) so we loaded up and hit the road! And, we had a ball!!! We stopped in Carlsbad for a little lunch at Yellow Brix then got back on the road.










As we are driving onto El Paso through the beautiful mountains Lindsay looks at the gas gauge to see that we only have 64 miles left. I zoom in on the map I had pulled up on my phone and there is NO town for another 100 miles. Nothing, nada! I think, surely there's somewhere to get gas between Carlsbad and El Paso. Nope! I asked Siri where the nearest gas station was and she said, 'there are several but they are very far from you.' Well... We panic. We pull over to gather our thoughts and call Carlos, Tami's husband. He said we were going to have to drive back to Carlsbad (we were already an hour away from Carlsbad!!!!) or go down South to Van Horn, which is about 45 minutes away. Since it was closer, off to Van horn we go and pulled in with 6 miles to spare.










Whew!!!!! Way too mucho of a close call. There is nothing in between Carlsbad and El Paso. Lesson learned girls. Lesson learned. Carlos called us back to see if we made it and we told him we did, thank goodness, but only by the hair of our chinny chin chin! He then replied, 'well you guys know I would have brought y'all gas but I would have also brought my two kids, who would have cried the whole way, so I would have put them in your car to teach you girls a lesson!!' Hahahaha!! Well played Keating, well played. :)

We sure had beautiful views though and made the most of the rest of our 6 hour drive




































Look at that beautiful FULL rainbow!!!!








The view from their backyard!!!






Rocco!!!








Sweet baby Frankie!






Beautiful carter!













They had a huge tailgating party before the Tech game that was so fun!!!










Lindsay was really worried about the late start time but was happy to make it!!!



Carlos bought us FRONT ROW tickets!!!!! Thanks Los!!!!



Hello KK!!!!






























Such a fun weekend with my girls. Love you all and thanks for the hospitality Team Keating. Until next time.....


Cheers,
Lindley






No comments:

Post a Comment