Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Dear.....Hand Foot Mouth

You are the absolute worst!!! Both of my girls have you and I am not happy about it!!! TESS has fever last Friday so I took her to the doc and her strep and flu came back negative, thankfully! But her throat was AWFUL and covered in puss pockets and blisters. Dr. Dalton went ahead and prescribed Amoxicillin just bc she thought we caught it too early. Well, all weekend long, my sweet angel baby T was a fuss bucket. All.Weekend.Long. Which is completely abnormal for her. She is almost always happy. Unless she's tired or hungry, the girl is an angel. But, we just thought it was her throat hurting so we just kept flip flopping Tylenol and Motrin every three hours.

Throughout the weekend, TESS starts developing this rash all over her diaper area, hands, legs, and mouth. We're thinking she's allergic to amoxicillin like her sis, but just keep on truckin' until Monday when I can call the doc back. We went for lots of drives over the weekend, just bc that was all that kept her happy. Poor little thing!!!






























See that awful blister on her left thumb? That's the thumb she sucks. And there are blisters all in her mouth. This is just gross!!!!!!!




Well... C woke up with 100.9 fever yesterday, complaining her throat hurt.

Perfect. She has strep too. So, off to the Doc we go and her strep test came back negative!! What the?!?!?

Well..... It's hand foot mouth. Dr. Dalton called that immediately. Cam has no signs of it on her skin but her throat is atrocious!!! Blisters everywhere!!! She's in excruciating pain too, bless her.

And, the kicker is: there's no cure for this. It's a virus. All you can do is treat the pain with Motrin and Tylenol every three hours.

All the while, mommy has this new job. And must go to work. Luckily my MIL was here for doctors appointments yesterday so she helped and then Tess's daycare teacher totally came over to keep them from 2:45-5! How nice is that?!?! She offered and everything. What a God send!!! She has already been exposed to it so I wanted my MIL to have as little contact with them as possible, just bc adults can get this too. And with her knee and all, I just don't want to risk it.

Here it is, 7 AM, on Tuesday morning and both of these sickly little girls are still sleeping. :(. This breaks my heart!!!! Can NEVER sleeps this late.

My MIL is coming BACK to LBB today to help some more, Brian moved some patients around, and Shirley is coming back again from 245-5. Teamwork at its finest people. And I'm so appreciative I could burst!!! Then, my mom is coming Wednesday. All so I can go to work. I have no words for how thankful I am........

OH!!!!! And during all this sickness, one of Tess's TOP teeth broke through. Just what she was wanting I'm sure.

HFM you can kiss my #*^!!! Please go away. When my girls hurt, I hurt. :(

Here's to a better day today.

Cheers,
Lindley

No comments:

Post a Comment