Tuesday, June 14, 2011

25 weeks!!!!



We had our 24.5 week appt on Tuesday of this week and Brian was able to come. It's so fun when he meets me because all the nurses think he's kindof a big deal in his scrubs, plus, they like that they can talk 'medical lingo' with him since he's a Dr. Little Red is a mover and a shaker and doing well. Everything looked good at the appt…150 heartbeat. I do have placenta previa, which is a complication of pregnancy in which the placenta grows in the lowest part of the uterus and covers all or part of the opening to the cervix so I go back on July 12th for the glucose/gestational diabetes test as well as another sonogram to see if my placenta has moved out of that opening to the cervix. It’s not a big deal, or harmful to the baby, it just means that I will have to have a C-section if it doesn’t move. It normally does so my Doctor isn’t worried about it, but it’s something they are monitoring. Plus, I get another sonogram this way. Usually, the 20 week sonogram is the last one patients get because, usually, if everything looked good on that one, then chances are the baby will progress fine and have no complications from that point >>> so they don’t do another one, but since I have this placenta previa, they want to do another one at 28 weeks just to see where the placenta is sitting. I do love getting sonograms and it's so funny: the sonographer is VERY careful with where she puts that wand since we're not finding out the sex. Everyone is so excited in my Ob/Gyn's office and noone but my sonographer knows as they don't want to slip up. I don't blame them!



A few pregnancy highlights....

How far along: 25 weeks

Size of baby: Eggplant, 9 in., 1.7 lbs

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 14 lbs.

Gender: It's a surprise!!!!!
Names: Girl: Cameron Elizabeth Boy: Pierce Ballard

Movement: Little Red is VERY active - especially after I eat. It likes food like it's parents!

Sleep: I've been sleeping really good lately! This body pillow is a God send!

What I miss: my memory, my mary&guido jeans, being able to walk up a flight of stairs without sounding like I just ran a marathon, wine, my heels, iced tea, being able to paint my toes comfortably, sushi, and lime Diet Dr. Peppers from Sonic.

Cravings: still craving PB&J sandwiches with potato chips inside, hot dogs, any kind of cereal, and anything sweet!
Symptoms: I am hungry ALL THE TIME! I am going to have to be very careful with my diet these last 3.5 months or else I will be breastfeeding my child until he/she is 5 since I've heard it's a great way to lose baby weight! LOL!! Kidding. No, but it's bad. That weight I lost in the 1st trimester is back to haunt me now, I'm afraid. Also, did I mention my body is going through some super crazy changes???

Oh.my.goodness!




Brian's parents are coming to town this weekend. Fred and Amy's birthdays are are on the 10th and 11th of June so they're coming to celebrate their b-days as well as Father's day with us. Looking forward to it!


Have a nice night,


Cheers, Lindley

No comments:

Post a Comment