Monday, June 20, 2011

In-Laws to town

Amy and Fred (AKA Mamy and Slick once the baby comes) came to visit this past weekend and we had a great time. It was wonderful seeing them and I’m glad Fred got to come. His wells broke right around the time they were supposed to leave on Friday so he told Amy he didn't think he would be able to come. She left around 12:45, and, of course, about 2 hours into her drive, he and Nate got them fixed so he booked a flight and flew in at 7:30. We picked him up at the airport and hit one of their favs, Uncle Julio’s for dinner. Saturday morning we got donuts (Fred’s fav) and just drank coffee by the pool until about 10:30, then Amy and I went shopping (Chico’s, Soma, Williams Sonoma for Brian's father's day gift, the mall, Apple Store) and ran some errands while the guys did the same. I got Amy a massage at The Grand Spa in Addison for her b-day so we did that at 2. The guys didn’t play golf b/c it was just too hot so they drank beer by the pool all afternoon while we pampered ourselves. The spa we went to was amazing! It’s the largest spa in the state of TX so it was really neat. I had my first prenatal massage and loved it! OMG, I will for sure be getting a few more of those before Little Red gets here! We had brunch on Sunday at Mattito's for fathers day then I drug Amy to the laundromat w/ me b/c I’ve been putting off washing our comforters forever now so I asked her to go and sit w/ me while I washed them all at once in those big industrial-size machines, and she of course, did. Bless her heart... She loved that, let me tell ya. LOL! No, we had fun. We laughed a lot and got a big kick out of the whole experience. Laundromats in Dallas are interesting, to say the least! I hadn't been since college so I felt it was photo worthy. We made it out alive, but barely! THANKS Amy for going with me! I really appreciate it. She got me that cute little vest I have on and I love it. Plus, I've got growing room in it which is nice and absolutely necessary at this point considering I am growing more and more everyday. Good times! :) Stay tuned for my 26 week photo and update later this week.

Cheers, Lindley

No comments:

Post a Comment