Thursday, June 23, 2011

3 posts in one day!









Don't get used to the 3 posts in one day. I have no idea what's come over me, but blogging seems to be my middle name today and I've actually been really busy! I woke up at 6 AM, did and folded a load of laundry, packed my lunch, unloaded the dishwasher, blogged, got ready, and headed to work. I got home at 6:15 from work to find my amazing husband cooking me dinner, which was a great end to my day. He made this herb crusted chicken over angel hair pasta that was to die for! Then, he just whooped up this cucumber/tomato/onion/basil salad tossed in his own homemade Italian dressing....I was in heaven! So good, babe! Thanks for a wonderful dinner! While he was preparing dinner, I blogged again, then cleaned up after him as he went along b/c sometimes it's like a 7 year old is in my kitchen making me dinner :o) After we ate I made mini cheesecakes for work tomorrow, then cleaned the kitchen, now I'm blogging again. Again, what is going on? No clue, but I'll go with it!






Brian brought home a package from Pottery Barn Kids today. It's the quilt that matches my bedding and boy was I surprised! Oh my goodness! Such a generous gift that has humbled us beyond belief. It's from my mom's dear friend, Fusan Yildiz and her family. So nice! Thank you Yildiz family.....Nemo can't wait to snuggle up with it!






And, lastly:



A few pregnancy highlights....
How far along
: 26 weeks. Nixie does NOT like her Mommy taking pics without her, hence the reason she's been in the last couple belly shots. Oh Lord... she is in for a rude awakening when Little Red gets here! :)
Size of baby: Cucumber: 15 in., 2.2 lbs
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 17 lbs. YIKES!
Gender: It's a surprise!!!!!Names: Girl: Cameron Elizabeth Boy: Pierce Ballard
Movement: Little Red is VERY active - especially after I eat. It likes food like it's parents!
Sleep: I've been sleeping really good lately! This body pillow is a God send!
What I miss: my memory, my mary&guido jeans, being able to walk up a flight of stairs without sounding like I just ran a marathon, wine, my heels, iced tea, being able to paint my toes comfortably, sushi, and lime Diet Dr. Peppers from Sonic.
Cravings: I have a new one folks: Jimmy Dean griddle cakes. Yes, I know. They sound like such the 'pregnant-lady-food', and they totally are, but I am loving them for breakfast in the mornings. They are like McDonalds' McGriddles, except with fewer calories. Yep, a whole whopping 70 calories fewer. And I am sooooo letting that justify my thinking these are 'healthy' for me knowing they are better than hitting the drive-thru each morning. I am still all about sweet things so the maple syrup pancakes satisfy that craving and then having it paired w/ the salty sausage just makes for the perfect combo. Kindof like my PB&J-sandwiches-with-potato-chips-inside crush. I have serious issues, I know. I am still loving hot dogs, Honey Graham Oh's cereal, & again, anything sweet!



Symptoms: I am hungry ALL THE TIME! I am going to have to be very careful with my diet these last 14 weeks or else I will be breastfeeding my child until he/she is 5! LOL!! Kidding. No, but it's bad. That weight I lost in the 1st trimester is back to haunt me now, I'm afraid. Also, I am having some pretty serious heartburn. It's very easily cured w/ a couple of Tums, but I carry them around in my purse and eat them like candy. Nice.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! 3 Posts in one day! Very impressive. Just keep riding that bike and don't worry about what you eat! Embrace this time, it will be the last time you can eat guilt free! You are so dang cute! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete