Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A few Herring Happenings...

Last weekend was very low key for us, which was awesome! Saturday morning, Brian started refinishing Little Red's dresser that I got in Canton as well as finished cleaning and organizing the garage. I helped where I could, but the fumes were pretty bad out in the hot garage. I will post before and after photos once it's done. It's going to look great! He is so talented...I really am one lucky girl to have such a handy man around the house! He stripped off all the old stain, then he sanded it twice with this fancy little electric sander thing , then he put the primer on. Next, he'll paint it this dark/reddish brown color we got at Lowe's, then once that dries, we'll paint it a creme color. The reason we put the dark color underneath is b/c we're antiquing it so he'll sand the edges so that dark color will show through. Again, who knew how to go about this and that all these steps were involved?? My husband! He has refinished several pieces in his lifetime, all of which turned out great so I'm looking forward to the finished product.

I just found out tonight that another friend of mine, Cassie Schulte, is expecting. So exciting! I love babies....they are all around and I love it! We ran into Donna Bailey tonight, another friend of our's who lives a few streets behind us and is about 10 weeks behind us, while we were on the bikes and she told us they went to find out the sex today and instead of them telling her and Chad the sex, they had the sonographer write it down on a card for them. Donna said she's gonna take the card to a local bakery, have them bake a blue or pink cake, and then slice it this weekend at their family reunion. How fun is that?!?? So excited for them. They had a tough time getting pregnant and there's just no better blessing than to hear wonderful news like this. I do have friends who are trying to have a baby and experiencing complications, of which is so heartbreaking to hear. I would give everything in my 0power for God to bring them a little bundle of joy. Please know His plan is the only plan and He will see them through this, but please know friends, I think and pray for you all every.single.day. Hang in there.....

Lastly, this weekend is going to be so fun! Our friends, Mike and Lindsay Hale, have friends coming into town and we have friends coming into town so that means an action-packed 4th of July weekend full of good times! Mandie and Chris (friends of our's) and Trent and Kelly (Brian's brother and wife) are staying with us and I can't wait to see them! Our big 4th of July party is on Sunday so stay tuned for pics.

I hope everyone has a great rest of your week....
Cheers, Lindley

No comments:

Post a Comment