Monday, June 13, 2011

veal chops and bike-riding

My hair colorist, Dorette Green, is an incredibly good cook and has been wanting to cook us and the baby a good hearty dinner before his/her appearance so tonight was the night and I had my very first veal chop. Brian didn't go so it was just me and Nemo and my oh my! Why haven't I ever had a veal chop before!??! So good! I know, I know...it's veal and some are weird about eating baby calf, but I can't lie--that was amazing! So good! Thank you for a lovely dinner, Dorette. Little Red loved every minute of it and is still kicking with sincere gratitude. She also served Caesar salad, asparagus, stuffed tomatoes and mushrooms, and bread. I made a cherry cream pie for dessert so needless to say, we ate like kings and I loved every minute! We had leftovers so Brian will get to enjoy it as well.


And, lastly: Bike-Riding! We have found a new love! Ever since I hurt my back, of which is fine now (go figure! It stopped bothering me before I even went to Physical Therapy last week! ??? Who knows... Now my hip hurts. Lord, I'm a hot pregnant mess but supposedly, all ths shifting and pain is normal during prenancy) and Brian's feet have been bothering him some, so we thought bike riding might be fun and a little easier on us. A few weeks ago we met at Richardson Bike Mart ater work and bought 2 bikes on the spot! ****Just a little trivia for you: Lance Armstrong started his bike racing career back in 1987 with this shop! We thought that was pretty cool. Anyway, we love riding and have a great little trail by our house that takes us all the way down and over to Beltline and Coit and all the way up to GBT and probably Midway.....in other words, FAR! It may go on even further than that, we just haven't tried it out yet. Brian got a mountain bike and I got more of a 'cruiser.' LOL! That sounds so 'old-lady' but it really is comfortable and just what I wanted. And, don't you worry that we did go ahead and buy those bike shorts with the padded butt and some pretty fly helmets. Yes, we're cool :)


Tomorrow is our 25 week OB Appt. YAY!


Have a good night, all....Cheers, Lindley

No comments:

Post a Comment