Monday, June 13, 2011

My niece and nephew
















My parents were in town last weekend. They stayed with Brian and I Thursday night, then they & I went to Aledo, where my sis lives, on Friday night for my nephew's tee ball game and niece's dance recital on Saturday. He made the All-Star team, of which is a HUGE deal and honor, so we're all very proud of him. He looks so precious in his little uniform! They lost, but he still played well and was glad his Aunt LiLi came to see him play. I got London dance lessons for Christmas so it was really fun to see her in 'action.' My sis needed to study on Saturday so she asked my mom and I if we would take London to her dress rehearsal Sat morning before the recital at 3 and we of course, gladly accepted. Uuumm.....dress rehearsals are serious affairs for dancers, if you didn't already know. We were thinking, we'll get there at 9 AM per her teacher's orders, London and her little class will go through their 2 routines and we'll be out of there. 30 minutes tops. Boy, were we wrong! Little did we know ALL groups/acts were there to go through the entire show, meaning we were there for 3.5 hours!!!!!!!!! Ages 2 - 18 were in this recital! Those poor little 3 year old girls! I can't believe they had to hang out in their dressing room that entire time. Thank goodness SUPER-pom-pom-dance-this isn't my first rodeo-MOM was there w/portable DVD Players, snacks, dolls, colors, etc or else we would have never made it. My mom and I were troopers and stuck it out, but we were exhausted! We wouldn't know as my sis and I were never the dancer-type so 'dress rehearsals' are foreign to us. We played sports, of which our little London wants to do now apparently. She's not so much into dance, and that's totally ok! She was still beautiful in her recital and we'll give her an A for effort. She's the 6th one on that bench with her class (can you tell they all look thrilled???! HA!) and on the far right in that stage photo. She watched her neighbor the entire time as she didn't quite have her routine memorized. Those little Asian outfits were precious! They did a dance routine to "Kung Fu Fighting" and it was too cute! Needless to say, she's ready for soccer. I love my niece and nephew more than words can describe. It's always fun to attend their activities as it seems my involvement with them has decreased ever since they moved out to Aledo, but I'm happy with any time I can get! My sis and bro-in-law are fabulous parents with fabulous kids. I am a proud Aunt who has wonderful role models to help me parent my kids one day.


Hope everyone has a great week....


Cheers, Lindley

1 comment:

  1. Such a GREAT post sis! Wow, you make me out to be something quite special. I know you will be an even better mom to Nemo, as I know we had some good training from mom & dad. It was so great to have you in Aledo for the weekend!
    Muah, Love you!!

    ReplyDelete