Saturday, June 4, 2011

Joining the Blog World!

Hi all! Well, I decided to bite the bullet and create a blog. I can assure you, though, I will not be one of those who updates several times/day as I just don't have the time, but I do plan to update weekly, if not a few times/wk. I have several blogs I follow and LOVE them so I thought I would create one as well. I have been emailing my friends and family updates, funny things that happen to me, random questions, etc, for years and years, but thought a blog might be more convenient and a little less time consuming. Plus, my memory is seriously terrible, so I thought this might be a good way to keep up with my life as I'm clearly not getting any younger!

As most of you know, Brian and I are expecting our first child at the end of September and I can't wait for the day when I can sit at my computer and update my blog with pictures of our little nugget. I thought it would be fun to do a little weekly status update on the baby with the following criteria, but please know I can't take credit for this as Kelly Stamps over at http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/ is the one who gave me the idea. I thought it was really fun to read and remember, like it was yesterday, reading her blog several years ago wishing for the day when I would get to have a blog and update everyone on my pregnancy. I can't believe the time has come! Since we aren't finding out the sex baby H has been given the nicknames of "Little Red" & "Nemo" (Herring is a type of fish) which I think are fun so you'll see me reference it as one of those 2 names every now and then.




Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 23 weeks
Size of baby: Papaya, 8 in., 1.2 lbs
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 10 lbs. I lost 6 in the 1st trimester
Maternity Clothes: I am full on in maternity clothes. I was wearing regular jeans up until a week ago, but the In 'N Out Double Double Animal Style burger I devoured earlier this week seemed to take those out of my wardrobe rather quickly!! Luckily, my beautiful sister saved her maternity clothes for me so I've been wearing those all this time, but I am starting to outgrow them so I guess I'll have to go maternity clothes shopping in the next 6 weeks or go. My mom took me shopping not too long ago and we got some stuff to wear later on, so that will be nice, but I think I'll need some more last me through week 40.
Gender: It's a surprise!!!!!


Names: Girl: Cameron Elizabeth


Boy: Pierce Ballard
Movement: Little Red is VERY active - especially at bedtime
Sleep: I am sleeping good for the most part! I got a body pillow and love it!
What I miss: My wine, coffee, well caffeine in general, sushi, and lime Diet Dr. Peppers from Sonic.
Cravings: PB&J sandwiches with potato chips inside, (I know, sounds gross, but it's a little bit of heaven on a plate!) I was craving pickles but not anymore, cereal (Any kind...random!!), and anything sweet!


Symptoms: I am hungry ALL THE TIME, my body is going through changes I never thought possible, I do not require near as much sleep as I did in the first trimester, and I feel great, but my back is giving me some trouble. I bent down Tuesday morning to let our dog, Nixie, out of her kennel, and when I came back up it felt like someone had stabbed me with a knife in the lower back! I was able to straighten my back out entirely, and went onto work, but the pain persisted all day and became very annoying. I called my OB and she saw me the next morning. I have an inflamed SI joint, whatever that means?? She said it's very common with pregnant women to have this happen as everything from the waist down is loosening up substantially. So, I guess it was just my time. Had I not been pregnant, she would have prescribed me an anti-inflammatory and sent me on my merry way, but those sometimes pose a risk to the baby so I'm starting physical therapy next week. I am feeling better and the pain is not near as severe, but it's still there and again, very annoying!

So, there you have it. Other than that, pregnancy is going very well, I feel good, and am loving all the baby movement. It took a while for me to feel it as I have an anterior placenta, meaning my placenta is in front of the baby, which is totally fine, but it's just taken a little longer than normal with that being first in my belly vs the baby being first. Even our dog can sense something's up. She lays in my lap every night and in the past, she used to lay on my legs, but now she rests her head on my belly. It's crazy how she knows there is a live thing in there!

One other quick thing: my wonderful husband cleaned out our garage yesterday and it's really quite sad how happy that made me, but it did. It's been one of those things on 'the list' for over a year now, but it's finally done and mamma's happy! Thanks, Brian....I love you!




Ok, that's long enough for my very first post.... stay tuned for a 24 week picture of my belly coming soon!

Cheers,

Lindley

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lin! I LOVE the blog. Super cute. You definitely need to keep it up, you write and express yourself so perfectly. Okay, I'm now ready to see some photos!!!

    ReplyDelete