Sunday, July 31, 2011

Houseguests, Surprise Houseguests, and a Girls' Weekend!

Friday night we had some house guests that were long overdue as well as some surprise house guests and friends all at the house. I haven't seen my friend, Lindsay, and her family in a long time so on their way to Austin for a wedding they made a pit-stop at Casa de Herring for the night and I am so glad they did! Their little boy, Miles, is absolutely one of the most precious little boys I've ever seen. He's getting so big and growing up way too fast, though :( While we were all visiting out by the pool, my sister texts and said she and her family are on their way to our house so our party of 5 soon became a party of 9. Then, Heather came over to spice things up a bit, then around 7:30, my friend Jennifer Millar showed up from Austin! Fun huh?? Heather, Jenn, and I had planned to do a little girls weekend this weekend so we just packed it all into one weekend! I love random, spontaneous weekends like this :) I have to brag on my sister really quick though: she's in CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist) school right now and got an A for this last summer session!! She was uber stressed out, but did great! She always does. So, I was glad she got to come celebrate her A as well as see Lindsay, Joey, and Miles. So glad ya'll came, sis!



My little fishies... Ian and London (Ages 6 and 3, almost 4 and 7!! Talk about growing up too fast! )






Baby Miles...he wouldn't look at the camera for me! Nixie loves all the kiddos around and is really sweet with them. She just lays down on her back and wants them to scratch her belly and likes to give kisses.










Jenn, Heather, and I getting pedis on Saturday afternoon. We went to Nail Boutik on Lovers and the Toll Rd and they had these AH-mayzing lazy boy recliners instead of those regular pedi chairs and I am not sure I'll go anywhere else now. Plus, my pedi was only $28! That's the cheapest pedi I've ever gotten in Dallas and it was one of the best so I'm totally sold!





Brunch Saturday morning at Nick and Sam's Grill. BLT w/ fries served in the cutest little fry-daddy pan I've ever seen!





Such a fun weekend, girls! My sis had just woken up or else she would have been in this picture too!





Cheers,

Lindley

No comments:

Post a Comment