Sunday, July 24, 2011

A night of firsts.....

So, us and 2 other couples had dinner plans this past Friday night at Red Fork. We picked The Hales' up at 6:45 and headed to the restaurant to meet The Jones'. Red Fork is a brand new restaurant in Dallas that's been open about 2 months so we thought that would be a fun place to try. The Jones' ended up not coming as their daughter was sick so it ended up just being us and The Hales'. Uuummm... Red Fork was sooo disappointing. We got there at 7:20 and there were about 6 people in the entire place! We thought that was a little odd but sat down at our table and didn't think any more of it. Well, we noticed there was this limited menu printed out on each of the place settings on the table and when I say limited I mean 2 apps, 2 salads, 3 entrees, and a warm brownie or chocolate Chip cookies for dessert. We thought.... Surely these were 'additions' to the regular menu, right?? Nope! That was THE menu for the night! Hummus & something else for an app, mixed greens or a beet salad for the salads, and salmon, burger, or spaghetti/meatballs for the main course. That's it! Is that not crazy?? Lindsay had just checked their website earlier that day to see what was on the menu and it mentioned nothing about a 'limited' menu or chef change. I was shocked this place had already changed chefs considering it just opened, but apparently that's the case and once we confirmed that, and their limited menu being all they were offering, we left. I have to say that was a first for me. I've never up and left a restaurant due to the menu before in my life, but due to the poor selections, there was no way we were eating there. We went to St. Martins Wine Bistro instead http://www.stmartinswinebistro.com/ and had a fabulous meal so it worked out in the end. A few more firsts for me were that I had brie soup, escargot, and a souffle for the very 1st time! Amazingly good food at this old, classic restaurant and we will definitely be going back! It's a little close to my heart as this is where Brian and I were supposed to eat the night he proposed to me but due to all my 1, 473 phone calls I had to make it was too late to go all the way down to Greenville Ave for dinner so we just went to Mi Piaci, which is a lovey Italian food restaurant only about 3 miles from our house. Just for reminiscent purposes, I thought I would attach a photo from the night Brian asked me to marry him. This was actually after he asked me to marry him. We were at home when he proposed, then we stopped at Mike and Lindsay's for a champagne toast, then came to Mi Piaci. What a wonderful day. My how things have changed since then! :o)






Then, after dinner last Friday night we went back over to Mike and Lindsay's for my last first of the night, which was Brian and I getting our a**es handed to us in Trivial Pursuit! We have NEVER lost that bad to them before in our lives and I was sober! What the heck?!? Nice job, team Hale. We are ready for a rematch ASAP! We still love ya'll though....thanks for a super fun night!






Cheers,



Lindley

1 comment:

  1. Cute post, but ya'll are dorks!! Hee hee! I'm just secretly jealous of that Trivial Pursuit game! :-)

    ReplyDelete