Monday, July 4, 2011

Wow... what a weekend!

TOP GOLF! Brian's impressive swing! I learned, just this past weekend, that my husband has never had a golf lesson, one! I have to say I was shocked b/c he's a good little golfer! Proud of you babe. His wife? Uumm...not so much! :) I try though....


Dr. Boothe and her impressive swing below! :) No golf lessons for her either! She can hit the ball, that's for sure!



Fun times at The Hale's


ready for my gender test.







Captain Ollinger. Lookin' good, hot stuff!



Herring 4th of July Sunday Funday






Kayla trying to surf. Heat and alcohol combined makes for a very interesting and entertaining day :)









Too much Sangria to surf, but sure was a fun day :o)







Well, I'm not sure I have enough strength to type this post, but I'm sure gonna try because, boy did we have an eventful weekend. And, just when I thought it was eventful enough to go and ahead and blog about it, Brian and I hear this loud BOOM in our backyard, like the transformer blew, followed by a power outage seconds later. Awesome. It's 100 degrees outside. This should be fun. I mean, it sounded like an explosion it was so loud! Not good. We ran out front to find our neighbors outside as well...all with no power. We just called TXU and yep! The transformer blew and they are estimating the power will be back on around 10 PM. It's 7:30 now. Here's hoping it comes on lots sooner than that. I have a little juice left on my laptop so we'll see how long I can go before my battery dies. I just tried to upload photos, but have no internet since the power is out so all I can do it type.







Brian's brother and wife didn't end up coming to town so it was just Mandie and Chris who stayed with us this weekend. They came in on Friday and we had the best time with them. The Porch for dinner Friday night, then brunch at The Original Pancake House on Saturday morning followed up by a little Top Golf action then a stop at our friend's, Mike and Lindsay Hale's house, for some pool time and fajitas. Fun day! While we were there, both Lindsay and Mandie did the 'needle' test on me, where you dangle a needle, pencil, or ring over your belly or wrist to see what the gender of your baby is 'supposed' to be. If it moves in a circle you're having a girl and if it moves in a line, you're having a boy. Well, we got a cirle first then a line so looks like we're having a girl, then a boy. Who knows, but it was sure fun. Supposedly, you can have this test done on you if you already have kids and it's supposed to reveal what you currently have. Well, I'll be darn if it wasn't spot on with Lindsay Hale and Lauren Meyer. It was so accurate it was scary! Maybe we are having a little girl!?!? Who knows? Only 3 more months until we know for sure! :)






Power just came back on! WOO HOO! Only 1 hour...not bad, TXU!




Sunday we had about 20 people over for the 4th and had an absolute blast! Brian smoked a huge brisket and pork shoulder and it was dee-lish, as always! He most certainly knows how to roll some BBQ! Everyone brought something and we had plenty of food. Kayla, the jalapeno/cilantro slaw was a hit, Bridget, those brownie bites were delicious, Andrea, thanks so much for bringing all that fresh fruit, Linds, thanks for the cake, and K. Waters, I need your grandmother's pumpkin bread recipe. So good! My girls even cleaned my kitchen for me before I realized what they were doing. Mandie asked Andrea to "help her move something in the garage" and the next thing I know, I walk inside to a spotless kitchen. Those stinkers! :) Thank ya'll so much! Love you guys.




Back up about 4 hours....At about 5 PM that day I noticed I hadn't felt the baby move. Granted, I was running around all day trying to get ready for the party, on my feet 24/7, etc., so I never really thought anything about it, but I realized I should probably take a load off and see if I can't feel my Little Red move. I didn't wanna make a big deal out of it as I had 20 people at my house, but did think it was strange that I hadn't felt it move all day, when I normally do. Well, after about 4 hours of no movement and talking with Brad Andrews' wife, Kayla, who's had 2 babies, I decided to call the Dr. just to see what she had to say. I left a message w/ the answering service and Dr. Watkins called me back in like 45 seconds. When I called I really thought she would just tell me to sleep on it and see if I feel it move tomorrow but she didn't. She was pretty adamant about me going into the L&D unit at the hospital, which made me a little nervous, but I needed to have peace of mind, u know? The Addison Kaboom town traffic was horrific (took us 1.5 hours to get to my hospital, which is only about 7 miles from my house!) but we made it. Bridget took me while B stayed back with our company. I am so thankful she was with me because had I gotten bad news it would have been horrible to be alone. Anyway, I got all checked in and before I knew it I was eating ice cream, Popsicles, drinking apple juice, etc in the maternity suite to try to get the baby to move and not only did it move, it ended up getting the hiccups!!! So funny! I've never experienced those before so it really was kindof neat. ;). Needless to say, everything was fine, Nemo just wasn't wanting to be active yesterday, I guess. I had a good, stern 'talking-to' to Little Red and asked that he not scare its mommy, daddy, and friends like that again! I will be sure, from now on, to make sure I pay much better attention to the movement of the baby throughout the day as Dr. Watkins said that's VERY important.




I hope everyone had a fabulous 4th. Thanks to all our wonderful friends who had us over and came to our party this weekend. Brian and I had a great weekend, but we are T-I-R-E-D! :) So worth is though! I'm off to bed.




Cheers, Lindley




No comments:

Post a Comment