Sunday, September 25, 2011

There's just something about your mother......

I have thought a lot about this post.... my whole life, actually, and couldn't think of a better time to write it than right now. My beautiful mother left yesterday after being here for 2 weeks and although I was big girl and didn't cry when she left, I've not been such a big girl since. I've had several meltdowns, tears of sadness, tears of joy, tears of fear,....You name it I've had it. I cannot even begin to express how big of a help she was after Cameron was born. She hopped into the car the second Brian called and has been there for us hand and foot ever since. 2 full weeks. There's just something about your mother.... And, now that I have a daughter of my own, our friendship and relationship hits home even more so now knowing that I will hopefully be able to do this for Cameron one day. The saying, "moms just know" is so true. Mom comforted me when I was unsure, she helped when I asked for something, she cooked when we were hungry, she cleaned when we spilled something, she did laundry when we needed clothes, she rocked Cameron to sleep when I was so tired I could hardly see straight, she dressed her while I got ready for the day, she chauffeured me around when we had errands to run since I couldn't drive, she stayed up with Cameron for the last feeding so we could go to bed, she made food for us to freeze for later, she watered our flowers....the list goes on and on. Do u see now why I am so sad shes's gone??? And, please do not get me wrong.... We never once took her for granted or 'used' her because she was here. She did this all on her own because she wanted to. There's just something about your mother....

Mom, thank you for raising me the way you did and for loving me unconditionally. I now get to do that for Cameron and will never ever forget where I came from or what you taught us growing up. Be proud for what you've done and know I will be forever indebted to you and daddy. I love you with all that I have and cannot imagine my life without you.

Holding my niece. London....




With my niece London




Holding Cameron in the NICU....shes already a special little girl because of her Grammy



In NYC for mom's 60th birthday


















Brian and I's rehearsal dinner




My wedding day!!!








My mom and dad. Thank you for the biggest blessing in life.... Being your daughter.





Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. It's Lisa Webb (HH's friend and how did I NOT know you were a TECH Kappa??!!!)...crying on this post! Moms are amazing, aren't they?!!! I have one that is the same. Love LOVE this post. Having a DAUGHTER makes it all come full circle! You are blessed! XXOO to you!

    ReplyDelete