Monday, October 17, 2011

1 month old, more 'regular,' and Julianna


I know this is a little late, as I was having computer issues, but Cam was 1 month old 2 Fridays ago! These little stickers seem to be getting smaller and smaller




Also, she's doing much better with the formula and getting a little more on 'track' if you know what I mean. I think her tummy is just taking a little time getting used to formula only but she's doing much better and is more regular now. Her biggest blow out yet was while we were interviewing a nanny a few weeks ago! Nice 1st impression, Cameron. :)



Speaking of nannies, we hired Julianna, the one Cam christened with her blowout, :o) this past weekend! I have been stressed beyond belief trying to line up childcare for her once I go back to work and I truly think God had a plan all along for us and her, he just made me work a little bit for it. HA! I joined a website called Care.com and had great luck with it finding nanny applicants. We could not be more pleased with her and the care she'll provide to Cameron starting next year. She's such a sweet spirit with a huge heart, had GLOWING references, only lives about 20 minutes away, loves children, and actually has a 3 month old of her own that she'll be bringing with her each day. We are thrilled for Cameron to get that extra socialization from her son, Levi. I go back to work on Dec 5th, but we're not having her start until after the new year. My mom is going to keep Cam the 1st week of Dec, my dear friend, Courtney, is keeping her the next 2 weeks while she's home studying for her nursing boards, and then my Mother in law is keeping her the last week so things have just really worked out perfectly. God.Is.Good. I found her initial email to me once she saw my job on Care.com and it was so professional and well-written that I wanted to put it on here so I never forget how I felt once I read it. I had a good feeling about her from the beginning.


Hi Lindley,

I read your posting and am interested in learning more. I have been on this site since April looking for a full-time nanny position. I haven't been a nanny before, but I think it will fit perfectly with my expertise, experience, and caring personality! I live in South Allen, and used to work in North Dallas (Preston and Forest).For the past 5 years I worked at a developmental gymnastics facility, where I was the manager during the last 15 months. The curriculum teaches children from 4 months to age 12, which focuses on motor development for the little ones. Not only will I love and care for your baby, I can also use my expertise in physical exercises and motor development to keep your child engaged and learning.I have a bachelor's degree in Kinesiology from Texas A&M. I am also a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) volunteer and just finished a case with two children. Before working with gymnastics I taught swim lessons and life-guarded for children of all ages for several years. I also coached Jr. High/High School Track and Cross Country and was a basketball official for elementary through high school age. My certification in Infant and Child CPR/First Aid expired just recently, but I am willing to get it renewed ASAP.I would love to start a new career as a nanny because I am caring, loyal, and work best in intimate settings. Also, I love pets if you have any. I can also babysit occasionally on the weekend if you need a night out! I have babysitting and after school experience as well.In addition I have newborn experience because I have a baby of my own! He is almost 3 months, and so far is a pretty laid back baby. I already have daycare lined up for when I find a full-time job. Or, if you're open to discussing the option to bring him with me that would be fantastic! If the pay rate is negotiable I am hoping to discuss both options with you. I can provide a resume and references. I drive a Jeep Liberty that is current with maintenance (recent oil change, new tires, and brakes repaired). I have a good driving record and full coverage insurance.I am looking for a long-term commitment that is a perfect partnership with you. Thank you for considering me!

Sincerely,

Julianna




Cheers,

Lindley

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome. We found our nanny the same way and she has been awesome. I have had great success with care.com

    ReplyDelete