Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Daycare, baseball fun, Spades butt-kicking, house pics, Mr. & Mrs. Duck, and sick already. :(

So Brian and I toured First Christian Church back in January when we were in LBB and liked it and the director so we decided to go with it. We have a friend whos daughter goes there so we got her all enrolled and started her last Monday, April 29th. After we dropped her off I, nor Cam, were doing well. Like, at all! We were both sobbing and I should have listened to my heart right then and there. Well, after several terrible things occurred
in two days' time, getting sunburned two days in a row AFTER I took sunscreen and her having nurse maids elbow again while in their care to name a few, we made the executive decision NOT to return. Ever. Another thing I disliked about FCC was their playground. It was Dirt!!!I Not cool!!!!




I called the director, told her everything, and went and collected all her things.
Cam stayed home with us the next couple days ad we toured two more places. We fell in LOVE with Trinity Christian, a private school that has an early child development program, but they had no spots open until at least mid-June. Well, after a lot of praying and talking with them for several days they got Cam in last Friday and we couldn't be happier with our decision. She's doing awesome and loves her teachers miss Autumn and Michelle. She sent me pics of her the first day and my heart was a peace.
















Thank you God for helping us find Cameron's new 'weekday' home. We are so blessed!
Saturday morning my sis came and got Cam for the day so we could get some things done and she and her cousins had a big time!!!




That evening we went to Ian's baseball game and Cam loved cheering on her 'Eeany'. That's her name for Ian. She thinks he and London are pretty cool stuff! I am going to love raising my babies with my sisters babies! Another one of my dreams,
Playing with the big kids








Yay Ian!!!








Thanks for your help with her Sissy! We got a lot done!
After the game, the Jones clan came over to our house and the adults played spades while the kids watched movies. We had a great time and team Melly and LiLi kicked Brian and Justin's tail! Only by 4 points but still! We won! Woo hoo! Good times had by all. B cooked us burgers out in his outdoor kitchen, we ate out there, the weather was perfect, it was perfect.




Mom came on Monday of this week and we've been decorating ever since! Speaking of mom, I just had to post this pic of my parents and their friends while in Lukenbach this past weekend for a bike rally. Aren't they cute??!!!? They love riding together and this is something they would have ever done while raising Mel and I, so I'm glad they love doing things like this, just the two of them. I hope B and I find something fun like this to do together one day




I finally have the house 95% done and we love it even more!!!!! We loved it packed full of boxes so now that everything is out and decorated its really 'home.' That is all the justification we needed to help us realize our decision to move back out to W TX was a solid one!
4901 78th St. Lubbock, TX. 79424.








Here it is at night! These lights come on and shut off automatically every night.




Entry








Kitchen/Dining
















Formal living right off the front door




Family room just beside the formal living room








Wet bar








Looking down the basement stairs




I just love Brian's grandfather clock he made in high school. We will have that forever!! That is Zeagan, trent and kelly's dog and Nixie. Cousins forever!! We have seen T&K a lot and I love it!!!




Laundry room




Half bath off sunroom




Sunroom




Cams play area of sunroom




Master




My home office!




Master bath







Tub, potty, and shower area. The shower is beautiful but it's right behind the door and hard to get a picture of it




Guest bedroom




Cams room








You can barely see her, but thats my beautiful mom, my interior decorator and professional picture hanger!




Trying out the new backyard.




This precious little couple patrols our house everyday and we've decided it's probably because the Peters', who lived here before us, fed them, so we followed suit. They are so cute!!! He always walks behind her too which is so sweet.




Yesterday mom and I picked Cam up front school around 330 and when we showed up her teachers told us they were just about to call us as she had this green gook coming out of her eyes. It, and she, looked awful! Well since we don't have a Pediatrician yet, we took her to one of Covenant's urgent care centers right by her house and sure enough her eyes, and ears, were both infected so 45 minutes later we were seen by a doc and in possession of eye drops, Zithromax, and one sick baby. She ate a pretty good dinner though and slept well so that was good. Mom went and got her this morning and Cam let her hold her for a really long time, which is rare.




Her eyes are so swollen, she looks like she got beat up! Poor thing!!!!








BUT, she's doing much better and her eyes have already started to come down some.
And the crazy lives of Casa de Herring continue.... More updates later.
Hope everyone's having a great week!
Cheers,
Lindley
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Love the update! Glad you found a good place for my cam cam. Mom's always know best. Sorry I missed you today, phone date this weekend? Hopefully I will be at work the next two nights (our census is down again). Love you guys and miss you already!!

    ReplyDelete