Thursday, May 2, 2013

Debra's birthday and the big move!!!!

Last Friday night Brian and I took Debra to Capital Grille for her birthday and the food was off the hook!!!! I'd never been there before and I have to say I'm a huge fan!!! Dorette kept Cam for us and we had a great time! Happy birthday Deb Deb!















Friday was also my last day at work. They had a party for me and made me give a speech. Let's just say I couldn't fight back the tears. Staff Care has been very good to me and I'll miss it dearly.







Everyone signed it. So cool! A memory I'm go glad I have!




Sunday morning the movers came and things went very smoothly! I was very impressed. And, yes: we filled an entire 18-wheeler full of stuff! Wow!! My sister flew in Saturday night to help us finish packing and make the drive with me and Cam
on Sunday and I was so glad! She helped a lot!!!!!!! Thanks Melly!!!







While the movers were here Deb Deb kept Cam for us and that was such a big help! They played and she napped for 2.5 hours in her closet! Note to self! ;). Thanks for helping us Debra!!




Since we put new carpet in our house in LBB we stayed a few night with my sis and Cam loves spending time with her cousins. She thinks London is pretty cool!






And, we got to see Miles and Ellis as well! Cam needed a bath and I couldn't find any of her bath stuff so I just loaded Cam up and went to Lindsay and joey's houses. It's about 2 minutes, literally, from our house. I just love that we have so many friends and family here. Feels good to be HOME!!!!!! Kelly and Trent, Brian's brother and sis in law, came over Monday night and Trent mowed our grass! Thanks Timmy!!!!



Nixie exhausted from playing with my sister's dogs, Chloe and jagger.


Our neighbors next door, the Haliburtons, came by last night bearing these yummy goodies! They are so sweet. He's a retired pharmacist and she's an interior decorator. Precious couple and only have fur babies. We met our neighbor across the street the other night as well, Charlie, and he's super nice! I love our neighborhood!!!! Brian was talking with a neighbor who lives behind us and he was telling B we live on Dentist Row, that there are about 5 dentists who live around us. He then went on to ask B what he does for a living... Haha!! I guess we'll fit right in!!!



I am loving everything about our house, Lubbock, the people, ... Everything except the weather!!! It's 37 degrees today but was 92 on Mon and Tuesday! What the heck!! I'll post pics of the house soon!

One thing I will add: I sure miss my Dallas friends. :(. Love y'all !


Cheers,
Lindley

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Aww, just teared up!! Glad y'all are home and happy but it's weird knowing you aren't 15 minutes away!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete