Thursday, August 22, 2013

Kappa Kappa Gamma

Last Saturday Lindsay texted me saying she and her daughter, Ellis, were going to the kappa skit preview at 11 if we wanted to go.

Now, let me back up for a second and be a bit nostalgic: KKG was a big part of my college days and I will never ever forget the friendships I made during those 4 years. Please know I wasn't a HUGE participant, bleeding blue or anything, but I did care for my sorority and gave it my all when I could. In fact, I arranged our KKG reunion last September in Dallas. I met some pretty amazing girls and love that I'm still in touch with several of them. I was a Kappa Picker (singing group where we 'pick' our own parts) and we were the skit for one of the days during rush, which was one of the skits performed during the skit preview Lindsay and I went to see last weekend. I took Cam and she was mesmerized! It was so fun to see what the Pickers look like today. They have a cute little backdrop and everything. We weren't that fancy but they still perform all the same songs and looked and sounded great! ;)








I scanned in some photos from when I was a picker and bless my heart. Where was my mother when I needed her!?!?! Did she really let me wear my hair, makeup, and eyebrows like that?!?!? Good grief, my ugly phase came about 10 years late, I think!!! Haha!

I didn't have the money in college to highlight my hair so I was going for the 'natural look.'. Lets put it this way: NOT a good look! Yikes!!! I am sooooooo not a brunette! I will be that 93 year old woman still getting foil every 7 weeks. And, what's with the 'puffiness?!?' I look bloated!!! Again... Bless my heart. On a lighter note: this was taken when I lived with my sis and Ashley Flautt on 52nd and Boston. Man, I loved that darling little house!!


Kappa Mom's weekend. My mommy is so beautiful!!


I'm on the far right, top row.... The one with too much blush on!





The kappa lodge has also been remodeled since then and looks fabulous. I was and still am very proud to be a KKG. I hope Cam has the same memorable Greek experience I had at TTU. Lindsay, thank for the invite. So glad I went to that!!!!!

Also: my mother in law is home!!!!! She will probably have to go back to the Dr next thurs or Friday but at least she has a full week of peace and quiet and sleeping in her own bed. Thanks for all your prayers. Now we hope her recovery goes as planned and she heals nicely.

Cheers,
Lindley


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment