Monday, September 30, 2013

ADA, Mamy & Slick, and Church!!

My sister's almost 9 yo son, Ian, has a little friend on his baseball team who's sister has diabetes. Her name is Caisey and she's 11. We walked in the ADA Saturday morning for Diabetes and Caisey spoke at this function with thousands of people! She's one of ADA's big sponsors for this year as her team raised $16,000!!!!
She's so precious and is pretty good health. I'm so glad we walked in this. My Uncle Bill has diabetes. He was diagnosed when he was 6 or 8, can't remember, and was not given long at all to live. Now he's 67!!!




We went to the spoon afterwards for the team lunch and my daughter was being a major ham! Why can't she smile like this for professional photo shoots?!? ;)




She is in LOVE with this baby talk mag I got from my OB. I'm talking, she takes it everywhere and reads every.single.page. Guess she's learning how to be a big sister.








Mamy and slick came to see us Saturday evening for dinner and here's her knee as of lately. Sorry if you're a bit squeamish but I know several of you are aware of what's been going on with her so wanted to briefly update everyone. She's had three surgeries so far and we are hoping she's good now. It's not that aesthetically pleasing but at this point, and after all that she's been through, we just hope she walks again! She only wears a big knee brace and can bend it 26 degrees with this machine, but other than that she's just taking it easy and enjoying her 'vacation.' Hang in there Mamy and take it easy. I think it looks 1000 times better and just know you will be walking in no time. Glad y'all came to see us, too!! Fun day!!




Sunday morning we visited Lakeridge UMC and really enjoyed it. My sis and her kids joined us and that's quite a church. Very pretty and BIG!!! Cameron went to the nursery and did great! We want to also visit the downtown FUMC, so that will be next weekend.




Have a good week, all-
Cheers,
Lindley
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment