Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Labor Day weekend and mom turns 63!!!

We went to Dallas last weekend and just had the best time!! I took zero adult pictures. I guess that just happens when you become a mommy. Plus, kids are just cuter than adults!! ;). So, the only pics I took all weekend were of kids. I need to get better at this. We stayed with The Hales and I cried when we pulled out of the driveway. I sure miss my girls out there.. :( thanks for the incredible hospitality Devine and for letting Team Herring crash your home.
When I asked Cameron how excited she was to go to Dallas this is what I got! She loves her some John Brooks and Sully!




I couldn't find Cam for the longest time Saturday morning and this is where I found her. Just chillin' on the floor with her Lambie and blanket




The kids found a gecko and you would have thought they found a million bucks! They were fascinated!! Especially Cameron








Here's a brief rundown of our weekend:
Friday night, Brian and Mike went to the 110 degree SMU/Tech game while the girls stayed in and babysit the kids. Donna, Kayla, Bridget, and Deb all came to Lindsay's and brought a dish so we didn't have to worry about dinner. Kayla made off.the.hook avocado chicken salad and homemade salsa that were to die for!!!! She also brought sangria and made a Virgin batch just for me. Thank you, you're the best, K!!! Lindsay made that Corn Cowboy Caviar Dip and this gooey cake that was delicious! Deb brought some cheese and crackers and Bridge brought a chic fi la nugget tray. Oh my word, I went to bed fat that night!! It was so fun to catch up with my girls and watch the Red Raiders kick some SMU Pony A**!! Wreck 'Em!!!!!!!
Saturday my child slept till 7:45!!! Yes, yes you read that correctly. 7:45 people!!! Cam and I had breakfast plans with Brian's cousins at 7:30 and we sure did miss that! Oops. But I'll take sleeping in any day over breakfast! We just vegged around the house that morning then hit the pool that afternoon. Bridget and Jim, Kayla and Craig, and Debra all came over and we did nothing but eat and relax.
That night The Hales and us got a sitter and met up with The Greves' at Coal Vines for a little date night and had a great time. Great friends with great food and wine. Thanks for arranging the sitter Linds.
Sunday, my child slept till 7:30. Yep, 7:30!!!! Woo hoo!!! I, along with the whole sleeping-soundly-Hale-house, was pretty excited about this!! ;). I met Courtney for brunch at 10 at Taverna, then we went to The Greves' house out in Southlake for some more pool time. They have a lovely home and pool set up so we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Cam took a 2.5 hr nap after lunch and swam her little heart out once she woke up. Wendy made these awesome pulled pork sandwiches on Hawaiian bread and Mike and Lindsay Hale made their homemade potato and pasta salads. So yummy!! Thanks for having us over and letting us swim, Mike and Wendy. Sunday night Lindsay and I were in bed by 10 after watching some reality TV while our men cooked themselves a steak dinner and talked college football.
Monday morning Cam slept until 7:40! Yessir!!!! I mean, this never ever happens!!! I couldn't believe it! I woke up a little sad though bc I knew we were leaving and sooo wasn't ready! :(. Mike and Linds, thank you for an amazing weekend. We love and miss you guys so much!!! Can't wait till the OSU/Tech game!!!
We got home around 1 and all three of us took naps. Then, at 4:30 we headed to Plainview to surprise my mom on her actual Birthday. She thought we were coming Tuesday but we lied! ;). She was so shocked, it was greatness!!! These are blurry but it gives you an idea. The Jones clan joined us and mom loved it!!








Happy birthday, mommy/Grammy. We love you bunches!!!
Cheers,
Lindley
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment