Wednesday, October 30, 2013

It's a girl!!!!!!!!!!

Well, our sonographer told us yesterday we are having another little girl and that she looks perfect! Strong heartbeat at 147, good fluid around her, and that she's a 'good size' baby! She weighs 7 oz right now and she informed us that's rather large for only being 17 weeks along! Uh oh!!! ;). We like them fat and healthy though so bring on them 'good size' babies!! Here's a picture of our baby girl now. We didn't get to do this with Cam so I'm extremely fascinated they can really tell what the sex is by this picture. Crazy!! We are so excited and know Cam will love having a sister. Brian and I have decided on a name that we love and Cameron is already calling her baby Tess when we point to my belly. In fact, she called that she was having a baby sister about 7 weeks ago, no lie!!!

Tess Leanne Herring





My Grandmother Dottie's middle name was Lea, as is my sister's but she spells it 'Lee' and then my Father-in-law, Fred, had an Annie on his side so it's a combo of both. Cameron was obviously named after her daddy and then Elizabeth comes from both my side and Brian's mom's side. So I feel like we're including all families one way or another. And I love that.

I do have to ask for your prayers though: I have Placenta Praevia again, and for those who don't know what that is, the definition is:
Placenta praevia (placenta previa AE) is an obstetric complication in which the placenta is inserted partially or wholly in lower uterine segment.[1] It can sometimes occur in the later part of the first trimester, but usually during the second or third. It is a leading cause of antepartum haemorrhage (vaginal bleeding). It affects approximately 0.4-0.5% of all labours.[2]

It's not a HUGE deal but could lead to pre-term labor, and well, we all know what happens with pre-term labor... I do NOT want another NICU visit. Ever. And, please know Cameron didn't come early because of Placenta Praevia. She came early because of an abruption but the fact that I had this with Cam at 17 weeks as well makes me nervous. My Praevia went away at 21 weeks with Cam so I'm hoping the same with Tess, but you just never know. My next sono is when I'm 21 weeks so here's hoping it moves between now and then! My OB is very aware and monitoring me closely so that's comforting.

But, overall, things looks great and I'm feeling good! I've gained 10 lbs so far and am slowly replacing my regular clothes with maternity ones ;)

Have a great week, all.

Cheers,
Lindley


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Lindley! It's exciting, so amazing, and such a BLESSING to be honored with the capability of bringing the life of another into this world! One who belongs to you! I and 21 weeks and 3 days now with my fourth child, a 2nd baby boy and I couldn't be anymore excited than when I was pregnant with my first! It's truly awesome and God is so amazing! Congratulations again and enjoy every moment! ~~~~Krissi Graham~~~~

    ReplyDelete