Sunday, November 10, 2013

Too much going on to try and come up with a cute title.....

Ok wow! Where do I even begin?!?!?

First off: Last Wednesday my MIL had her knee replacement taken out and it was quite the surgery. From what I understand and I could get a couple things wrong, so please forgive me, but the surgery itself took 5.5 hours. It took a pretty big toll on her but she's doing good. This is kindof confusing but she had such bad infection on her knee after all this time that they had to pull some muscle from her calf to create a foundation/tube thing for this spacer to be put in since they took the entire knee replacement out and then they had to do a skin graft from her hip to put on top of her knee to be able to close her up. Crazy huh???? A plastic and knee surgeon were both present during this operation but both said it went well. Here's a pic of her knee one day after surgery.



It had a wound vac, 2 drains, and dressing over where they got the skin graft. She doesn't know what the back of her calf looks like. Sorry for those with a weak stomach. I find all of this extremely fascinating!!!! She will
be in the hospital a week so B and I were racking our brain as to what we could do for her and that is when I thought of my fabulous friend, Bridget. We wanted to send her a big care package but there really aren't any 'companies' that do that so I asked Bridget if she could help us out. She's so creative, first off, but is ALWAYS willing to lend a helping hand. She's always been that way. And I love her for that. She went and made this fabulous care package for she and Fred and they are loving it! Everything but the kitchen sink is in here!! Bridget, I owe you BIG time!!! She and Fred have sent me numerous texts saying how this has come in super handy. Thank you for always being there no matter what, Bridge. My FB post had a lot to do with this kind gesture of yours ;). My girlfriends are my world and I hope I tell them that enough. Thank you, thank you!

Bridget sent me these pics of the finished product.


Fred's care package ;)









Speaking of girlfriends...

Kayla and Craig came to LBB to stay with us for the weekend and go to the game. She offered to bring my most favorite kolaches IN THE WORLD for the tailgate Saturday morning and once again: I meant everything I said in my FB post about girlfriends. I have the most amazing ones on.this.planet. Period. Case closed. Love them all dearly.

At Funky Door enjoying our post dinner drinks: coffee. Haha, we are getting old!!!!


Speaking of tailgate, a couple had a camel out in the parking lot Saturday afternoon. Why? No clue. But it had a TTU hat on, bells around its feet, and drank cold beer. I kid you not. I didn't get to my phone in time to snap a pic of this epic beer drinking event but it totally drank an entire beer in like 26 seconds! What the hell????




He was eating his owners' purse bc it's treats were in there. His name is Rango. So random!!!!








Anyway, did I mention I have the best mom on the planet too???? Well, I do. She picked Cam up from school on Friday and took her to Plainview for the weekend so we could have an adult only weekend and it was so nice! I stayed in bed until 830 this morning and it was fantastic! Thanks mommy! We ate dinner out both nights, tailgated yesterday morning for the game, enjoyed a glass of wine on the patio of McPherson Cellars after the game thoroughly enjoying this beautiful weather and just had an overall awesome time!!!! Until next time, Team Peltoma....always a good time with yall!

Before I go, I have a couple prayer requests:
1.). That MIL heals properly over these next two months so she can get her new knee that WILL work!
2.). That Brian's grandmother, Fred's mom (Granny), gets over her infection, starts responding to the medicine and Doctors, and gets discharged from the hospital. She's pretty sick and needs to get better ASAP.
3.) That my dear friend, Drea, holds on for 26 more days. She's pregnant with twin girls and her OB would really like to induce her on December 6th. She's done extremely well during her pregnancy but she's getting very uncomfortable and just wants it all to be over. I can only imagine. Bless her heart. She's a rock star, that's for sure, and I just pray those baby girls cook as long as possible. Hang in there sweetie... We are all rooting for you!!!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Cheers,
Lindley

No comments:

Post a Comment