Monday, February 10, 2014

Girls Weekend!!!

Mandie and I flew to Austin last Friday to see our friend Andrea and her beautiful twin baby girls! They are almost 11 weeks old and the most beautiful little dolls ever!!!! We didn't do a whole lot, which is totally what we wanted, but Matt, Andrea's husband, watched the girls for 5 hours on Saturday so we could eat out, shop, and get a pedi. He's a great dad and deserves Father of the Year Award. You don't see many dads offering to keep ONE less than 3 month old baby so his wife and friends could go have fun, let alone TWO, so impressed doesn't even come close to how I feel about Mr. Mom Matt McGowan. Speaking of great dads, Cameron sure has herself a good one! Thanks, baby, for letting me slip away one last time before our second daughter arrives. You impressed me from day 1 with Cam and continue to do so with every day after.

Sloan gave us a guns up!!!!












Sweet Riley snoozing











Sloan smiling











Olli, Andreas 9 year old schnauzer who reminded me a lot of Nixie











Before kids we used to dress all cute, hit a bar, and kill the day doing absolutely nothing productive. Now, we dress as comfy as possible, pack our coolers and breast pumps, and drink as much water as possible with lunch so as to increase our milk supply! Haha!

All our 'gear'












Here's my 31 week belly shot. I didn't get around to taking one so I'll post a good one this Thursday when I'm 32 weeks.











Our view from the restaurant, The Grove, at lunch. Austin seriously has some breath taking views and phenomenal food!!!











We did enjoy 'A' glass of wine to celebrate two healthy baby girls and a friendship we are beyond blessed to have.











Dinner at The County Line that night. That's a serious plate of ribs! Leave it up to the pregnant lady to order such a monstrosity. Matt told me he would help me eat it. It was delicious!!!




When I arrived at my gate at the Austin airport to fly home, Mr. Kliff Kingsbury was there as well. He is so damn cute and as my friend, Lindsay, put it: 'Surely he won't pass up the smokin hot prego lady to sit by!!!!' ;).

And no......He didn't sit by me.






Drea and Mandie: here's to a fabulous weekend full of blessings, laughter, and joy. I miss you both, and those sweet babies, already so much it hurts!!! Until next time, of which, Drea: you're coming to W. TX!!!!

Cheers,
Lindley



No comments:

Post a Comment