Friday, September 26, 2014

The Colemans tour West Texas!

Last weekend, Gary and Pat came to visit us and we had the best time catching up, eating, wine tasting, and telling funny stories.  I cannot even begin to describe how special these two people are to us.  Gary is Brian's hero.  Period. Case closed.  And, Brian's heroic standards are pretty darn high.  When Brian and I met he kept talking about 'the smartest man he's ever known,' and after meeting Gary Coleman, I knew who that 'smartest man' was.  I had no doubt.  What an incredibly smart, genuine, no BS, family, caring man.  And, he thinks a lot of Brian which makes my heart happy.  He was one of Brian's professors in dental school then brought him on to teach part-time at BCOD; therefore, ending up being Brian's boss.  But Brian never thought of it that way.  Gary has been, and always will be, Brian's mentor and friend, which is very hard to find in a boss these days.  Someone he will always look up to and respect.  And, this man is a one-of-a-kind package deal with his remarkable wife, Pat.  From the minute I met her, I knew she was someone special.  She is one of the most talented, upstanding female business professionals I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.  She works for a very well-renowned engineering firm in Dallas and has 18 people under her.  Gary recently retired from Baylor and she will retire this December.  They plan to move back home (Iowa) and enjoy where it all started for this next chapter of their lives.  Replacements have been hired for them, but we all know their departures will take a huge toll on their employers.  In fact, three people have been hired to replace Pat.  THREE.  Incredible.  Brian and I are already planning our first trip to see them up North once they get settled.  They have one granddaughter and are expecting two more.  One in December and one in March.  What a blessing.  We wish them nothing but the best, will pray for good health, and hope for safe travels.  

Pat took some really great photos and sent me the CD.  So sweet and memories we will have forever!

McPherson Cellars Winery
 I'd say Gary liked him some McPherson wine!  :)
 Caprock Winery



 Host and Toast.  A darling little wine spot off 26th and Boston
 The rare family photo.  Thank you, Pat, for capturing.
 brunch at Crafthouse




 They were fascinated by all the windmills, and I guess, since I am from here, I don't think much of them anymore, but they really are fascinating.
Cheers to an amazing weekend together.  Here's to many more.....
Lindley

No comments:

Post a Comment