Thursday, July 14, 2011

Little Red Update

Well, we had our 28.5 wk appt on Tuesday of this week.... We got to have another sonogram and not that we're biased or anything, but we seriously have the cutest baby ever!!! ;) it's measuring one week ahead so I'm technically 29 wks & 4 days, but Dr. W said we're not going to move my due date up just yet as sonographers can be wrong sometimes, so we're just saying I'm 29+ weeks along. Nemo weighs 3 lb 5 oz...the sonographer said it's measuring pretty big but that it will probably slow down. It's in the 86th percentile on growth and the baby did move out of the birth canal so I'm no longer placenta previa, thank goodness! It will only move up from here so it cant go back to blocking the birth canal so that was very good news. They checked all organs again.... heart, all 4 chambers are functioning properly, the bladder, kidneys, stomach, lungs, mouth, head, & measured the thigh bone. Yes, it's still long like it's mommy's. :o) She and Dr. Watkins said everything looks great. ;) Also, I just got a call from Dr. Watkins' nurse, Leslie, and I do NOT have gestational diabetes, nor am I anemic so MORE good news! WOO HOO! Such a relief hearing all of this. God is good.

We now start going to the Dr every 2 weeks, and once I hit 36 weeks, I'll start going once/wk. It's all happening so fast, I can't believe it! We are going to a prepared childbirth class at Plano Presby, where I'll be delivering, this Saturday from 9 - 4 and Brian is having a hard time sleeping at night he's so excited. I kid, I kid. I did poll several moms and all agreed some course is better than none so I thought we would take this basic, one day, class to get a tour of the maternity unit, L&D, meet nurses and staff, learn the basics of childbirth since clearly, neither of us have had a child , etc. etc. I shouldn't be too bad. There were some 3 & 4 day classes offered! I think we'll stick w/ just the one, thanks! I'll keep you guys posted...we may be leaving after lunch. HA!

Cheers, Lindley



Cheers,
Lindley

No comments:

Post a Comment