Monday, August 5, 2013

Where do I even start????

We have had so much going on, I don't even know where to start!! How about some good news first? Kayla got Cam this princess water ball last time she was in town and lets just say it was a HUGE hit!!!!! Thanks for the hours of entertainment last Wednesday evening, K!!!













Now for the bad news: :(. I went to check on Cam Wed night around 10 PM before I headed to bed and she was sitting up in her bed which never happens! She reached up for me and when I went to grab her out of her crib she was RADIATING heat like the sun!!!! I immediately took her temperature and you know it's bad when it jumps from 99 to 102 in a mili-second!!!!! She had 103.8!!!!!!!!!! I call Nurse Nancy, my sis, to see what to do and she said Motrin, obviously, but to also cover her in cold wet towels. Brian held her in his lap in the chair and they watched 'Dogs' for an hour and a half. At midnight we checked her temp again and it was 103.1. We put her back to bed and I went and checked on her again at 4:30. 102.9. Gave her more Motrin, held her for 45 min, and this time she wanted 'Puppies.' We snuggled and then she slept until 7:30. When I took her temp then it was 99.5, thank goodness, but I still took her to the Dr. for piece of mind at 8. Speaking of Doctors: I absolutely ADORE our's!!! Derek Skinner, MD at Covenant Health Plus id an FP and the real deal. He's amazing!!! To heck with Pediatricians, he kicks every PED I've seen to the curb!!!! He had three boys of his own and you can totally tell! Love love love him! B and I will go to him also and it sure helps that it's only about 30 seconds from our house! He has his private practice office hours on one side of the building but also has walk-in-clinic hours on the other side of the building so its a win-win!

She was feeling so much better, obviously, from the below pic. This was taken in the waiting room. It's amazing how bad fever can make you feel! Don't you worry that she wore those glasses and carried her purse the entire time. Not even kidding. She's such a mess, but don't let her fool you. She HATES the Doctor. She does not like to be messed with, looked at, touched, examined... NOTHING!! I always feel for the doctors bc they are so patient and she's so awful but what do ya do??? He took one look in her throat after seeing that her ears were clear and that was it! Super red and inflamed. He didn't want to swab her throat just bc she was being so uncooperative so he just called her in some Zithromax and sent us on our way, but not without spoiling her with Hello Kitty stickers and coloring books. I just love him. His nurses didn't give her all that...HE did. That just says so much about his passion for patient care and providing for the sick.









Once we left there we headed home to get my laptop then we went to Plainview so mom could watch her while I worked. They have been remodeling the last 3 months adding on a bathroom and closet to their master bedroom and its fabulous!!!!!! So jealous of all your space and that closet mom!!!! Now they are redoing the other bathroom so I can't wait to see it all finished either!















That Z-pack must have really started working bc if Cam asked to go swimming once she asked 1000 times so we loaded up Saturday after her nap and met Lindsay and Miles up at the club. We just joined the LBB Country Club a few weeks ago and this was our first time swimming. Cam loved it as did Miles!!!! He was jumping off the diving board and going down the slide and everything. Such a big boy!!! Cam pretty much just hung out in the baby pool but that was just fine with me! She's safe and out of harm in there. ;)





Sunday morning Cam and I went swimming at my sisters and there is just nothing sweeter than cousin love. ;)


We ended up having a fun weekend but Cam was sure sick and aaaalllll about her mommy!!!! I literally fell into bed every night this past weekend bc I was so tired! I wouldnt trade all her sweet neediness for the world but man it's exhausting!!! So glad she's well and was ready to see 'the kids' this morning!!!

Have a good week, all!!

Cheers,
Lindley

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment