Friday, March 21, 2014

Reactions and THE Tot Clock

So, I've received some texts and calls from friends and family since my last blog post and while I am so thankful for the concern, I didn't write that looking for sympathy. I'm a big girl and can take care of myself I just needed to vent. I swear, though, I seriously have the best mom, sis, and friends around. No doubt about it.

30 minutes hadn't gone by after I hit 'publish' on my blog yesterday that I had an email from Debra in my inbox asking if she needed to come stay with me so I could get some rest. Are you kidding me?!?! Deb, you amaze me with your kindness and selflessness. It's unlike anything Ive ever seen. Andrea, Mandie, and I group texted all night last night about my rant, then, Heather calls me bright and early this morning at 7 am asking if I'm ok. Folks, friends don't get any better than that. They just don't. I am so unbelievably blessed by my girlfriends that I sometimes find myself asking what I did to deserve them. Thank you all for loving me and caring as much as you do.

As for my family: My sister's timing could not have been more impeccable yesterday afternoon. She calls shortly after I posted asking if she could stop by for a second, that she had something for me. Well she shows up with a gift for Tess and a listening ear. And, of course my mom calls to check on me this morning bc she's an amazing mommy like that. ;)

And, wouldn't you know--last night and this morning were utter bliss. And, no--I am not kidding. Cam went down like a champ, but first--I've gotta give the hubs some major props really quick: the last two nights he's taken Cam to the park, bathed and put her to bed. Babe, you have no idea how nice it's been to have a little break these last couple nights. Thank you for the 'little things.' You may snore but you're damn good bird.

Anywho: back to Cam--she wasn't so nice at dinner but got better as the nigh went on. She walked in the door at 530 after playing at the park, very well-behaved BTW according to dad, asking for chips. Well, no child, you cannot have chips, we are eating dinner soon. She has NEVER asked for chips before dinner. Ever. So when I told her no, she threw a fit. Well that escalated and was real fun for a while but then it was bath time and she was like a different kid. She's so hot then cold it's not even funny. D.R.A.M.A.

Anyway, B put her to bed and she was perfect! We have this tot clock in her room that I bought online, thanks to Lindsay Hale's recommendation, and this was night 2 of using it. The blue means bedtime (you set the bedtime yourself) and the yellow means wake up time, which you also set. Well she woke up at 5 to go potty then back down so peacefully I almost thought someone kidnapped my toddler throughout the night!











Well, at 630 I hear this little voice say, 'its yellow mommy, can I get up now??' Melt.My.Heart.

She got up, was super sweet, cooperated, ate every single bite of her breakfast, and even asked for seconds. What the what??? There truly is no rhyme or reason to these creatures. None whatsoever.

Yay me. I'm having a great day seeing the light.

Cheers,
Lindley

No comments:

Post a Comment